ROC Garden has had a very exciting, and a very busy Summer season indeed!
Our team of volunteers and staff have grown in number, and also our warehousing facilities too!
Recently we have taken on a larger warehouse space to help us form a stronger base in Blackpool. This space in Cocker Street Trading estate helps us expand capacity and store our increasing number of vehicles, trailer and tools. It is complete with a small office space and is 4 times bigger than our previous warehouse.
– Our ROC Garden Services team is now providing employment for 15 volunteers that we have trained. 4 of which are part of the DWP Kick Start programme.
– We are now providing regular maintenance for more than 400 regular customers, and receiving an average of 15 new quotes each week, largely through word-of-mouth and our ROC Garden Services Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ROCGardenServices/ Income generated by ROC Garden Services all goes towards creating new volunteering opportunities, providing free garden transformations for those most in need and creates employment for volunteers we have trained – transforming gardens leads to transforming lives.
– We are increasing our number of volunteer garden transformations both in Blackpool with Blackpool Coastal Housing, and in Preston with Onward Homes.
– New opportunities to start up in new areas are increasing, including East Lancashire, Preston and Bradford.
– James Baker and John Darwen from our ROC Garden team are also training to break a Guinness World Record for the ‘farthest distance pulling a vehicle in 24 hours’. They have launched a JustGiving page to help attract sponsorship to support Redeeming Our Communities. For more details and to give to the ’Next Big Thing’ fundraiser, follow this link: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/nextbigthing