What is ROC Community Mentoring?
ROC Community Mentoring is a scheme which trains and supports volunteers in the delivery of a community strengthening programme. It aims to empower disadvantaged young people and families and build resilience in individuals through one-to-one mentoring.
- To Support families/young people in need of help
- To empower those families/young people to make positive life choices
- To improve resilience & self esteem and personal wellbeing
- To successfully complete the programme
How it works
- Choose your focus – Young People or Families
- Appoint a co-ordinator
- Recruit a team of volunteer mentors
- Undergo professional training
- Matching with the need
- Monitoring outcomes
- Ongoing support
- Professional training to deliver high impact, goal focussed mentoring
- Assistance setting up a safe and effective programme
- Ongoing support & access to resources
- Membership of a national mentoring network across the UK
- Does the family/young person referred complete the programme?
- Do they achieve their own objectives?
- Impact upon resilience & self esteem and personal wellbeing
- Qualitative feedback
A series of tragic events set my life on a different path. I felt a failure. ROC Mentoring embraced my whole family. My daughter was struggling at school and is now at university. I got really good marks and passed the entry exam for university to study medicine. That was after being at home bringing up my 5 children for the previous 14 years. Now my life is so different. My heart is open to new possibilities. I feel focused and strong and a part of the community.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
We would love to hear from you if you’re interested in finding out more about our ROC projects. Email us for more information on how to get involved.