What is ROC Community Mentoring?
ROC Community Mentoring, in partnership with COACH, is a scheme which trains and supports organisations in the delivery of a community strengthening programme. It aims to empower disadvantaged young people and families and build resilience in individuals through one-to-one mentoring.
- To Support families/young people in need of help
- To empower those families/young people to make positive life choices
- To improve resilience & self esteem
- To successfully complete the programme
How it works
- Choose your focus – Young People or Families
- Appoint a co-ordinator
- Recruit a team of volunteer mentors
- Undergo professional training
- Matching with the need
- Monitoring outcomes
- Ongoing support
R.E.A.L – Coach Model
- Relating – getting to know the person, who they are
- erythromycin buy online Exploring – what do they want to achieve?
- Action Planning – how do we get there?
- Letting go – empowering for the future
- Professional training to deliver high impact, goal focussed mentoring
- Assistance setting up a safe and effective programme
- Ongoing support & access to resources
- Membership of a national mentoring network across the UK
- Does the family/young person referred complete the programme?
- Do they achieve their own objectives?
- Impact upon resilience & self esteem
- Qualitative feedback
‘A series of tragic events set my life on a different path. I felt a failure. COACH embraced my whole family. My daughter was struggling at school and is now at university. I got really good marks and passed the entry exam for university to study medicine. That was after being at home bringing up my 5 children for the previous 14 years. Now my life is so different. My heart is open to new possibilities. I feel focussed and strong and a part of the community.’