What is ROC Radio?
ROC radio gives young people a voice in their community. Locally produced programmes on subjects that matter to the individual are recorded and broadcast on-line through ROC RADIO UK across the nation. This unique collaboration between young people and communities enables those who don’t normally have a voice to be heard – loud and clear.
How it works:
- Young people choose subjects that matter to them
- Guidance from experts in radio techniques
- Social interaction between all those involved
- Skills that are identified and developed are positive benefits of the project.
- Inter-generational possibilities as young interview older community members
- Creating greater community understanding and harmony.
- A counter narrative to carrying weapons and county lines
- The ability for young people anywhere in the UK to join ‘Our Voice, Our Community’ programme.
- Making local contributions to a truly national on-line radio station is a key feature of the project.
- A central library of recordings will be a valuable resource of young people’s views.
- The same library will be available to professional broadcasters spreading the interviews as wide as possible.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
We would love to hear from you if you’re interested in finding out more about our ROC projects. Email us for more information on how to get involved.